These are they rules for both chat and the wiki as of 19th December 2018. Abide by these rules to enjoy this wiki to its fullest. If you have any questions, feel free to message an admin for help.
- Be respectful of other people's fights and opinions.
- No bullying.
- No spamming.
- No sock puppeting / using multiple accounts.
- Changing the outcome of someone else's battle is not permitted whatsoever.
- Keep your salt to yourself - if and outcome doesn't go your way, tough. Get over it and move on.
- Comments saying “____ stomps” or “____ should have won” or anything of the sort are not permitted, and any comments that encourage debate will be removed. These fights contain no research, after all.
- Swearing is okay, as long as you don't go overboard.
- No links to inappropriate sites and content.
- If a user has offered to make thumbnails for your fights, do not expect them to make a habit of it.
- Do not bring off-site drama here, and in turn, do not bring drama from here to other sites as this only makes matters worse.
- Wins and losses are irrelevant!!! I cannot stress this enough - if a character you like has a negative record, that does not necessarily mean there is a vendetta against said character, or you for that matter. It is a matter of personal preference and artistic license.
- "No" means no.
Page Making Rules
- Only one page per fight. If you want to do a fight that already exists, ask the author of the fight if you can do your own version in a tabber.
- No spite/stomp fights allowed whatsoever. Any signs of spite and the page will be removed with immediate effect.
- Fights that lack a contest between the two characters (the loser being one-shot or landing zero offense) qualify as spite.
- Fights created for the sole purpose of giving a character a loss will be deleted.
- Reduxes of official Death Battles, DBXs and One Minute Melees are no longer permitted. From now on, if the page is created and completed before the fight is released on roosterteeth.com, it can stay. However, if it is created after its release on Rooster Teeth's site, it will be removed. This is because these fights mainly exist for the sole purpose of giving the loser their win back.
- Fights with OCs and users are permitted, provided you have permission from the creator/user, though please keep these battles in a blog.
- Real Life combatants are not permitted, though personalities such as sports entertainers (WWE, TNA, WCPW, NJPW, etc) and YouTube personalities are allowed.
- However, video game adaptations of real life characters (e.g. Mike Tyson from Punch-Out!!) are permitted, as long as it is clear that you are using the video game adaptation.
- No more than 10 characters in a battle royale.
- If you are making a 'Team vs Team' match:
- If you are building your own team of characters to take on another team of characters, the maximum number of combatants you can have are 6 per team.
- If you are using established factions from a form of media (such as Night Raid, the Justice League, the Mane 6, the Teen Titans, etc) then you may use the full team if you wish.
- 'Verse vs Verse' matchups are no longer permitted, since they rarely get completed anyway.
- If creating a character page, refrain from adding categories relating to shows that have not been licensed under ScrewAttack (such as Cartoon Fight Club).
- No fight scalping. A user can have up to 15 incomplete battles at a time.
- No more than 32 combatants in a tournament. This prevents half of the wiki's content being dedicated to tournament matchups.
- Only two tournaments can be ongoing at a time. To see ongoing tournaments, see the Tournament Archive page.
- If there’s a possibility of a matchup being between two characters that have already been pitted against each other by another user, message the user in advance and write it in a tabber on that page.
- If possible, try to refrain from having repeat matchups until it is literally unavoidable.
- If the owner of the original fight does not want your version on their page, complete it in a blog.
- Any fight that is has either the “Abandoned DBX Fights” or “Candidates for Adoption” categories can be adopted, though if they also have a user’s category there, message them first.
- If a page has not been worked on in 3 months, you may make your own version of the fight in a tabber. However, if a page hasn’t been worked on in 6 months, the page can be adopted freely.
- If a user adopts a battle you abandoned, you have no control over how the fight goes.